Are we canceling our Event?
The health and safety of our participants, sponsors, volunteers and staff is our top concern. We are monitoring the situation closely, consulting CDC recommendations, and evaluating options for rescheduling our event out of an abundance of caution for the safety of our participants and to help prevent further spread in our communities. Stay tuned to our social media channels, our emails and the Special Announcement section of this website for event updates.
What is Susan G. Komen doing to combat COVID-19 and other viruses at our events in the future?
We will continue to follow current local, WHO, and CDC recommendations for combating COVID-19. As updates to protocol are recommended, we will provide additional information. This includes making the following special accommodations for our events:
- Hand sanitizer stations available across event site
- Additional hand washing stations available
- Electronic sanitizing wipes available to cleanse shared registration items
- Serving gloves for all volunteers handing out food or beverages
Can I still fundraise if I don’t attend an event?
Yes! While attending our event is the best way to celebrate together, you can still fundraise to help create a world without breast cancer. At the end of the day, it’s about what we make possible together through your fundraising.
While you might not be onsite with your community, you can create a community of your own through our online fundraising tools. Check out these tips to maximize your online fundraising:
- Customize your participant fundraising center so everyone knows why you support Susan G. Komen. Sharing your story is a big indicator of fundraising success, so make sure to share the link to your participant center through social media and email.
- Make sure you have activated your Facebook fundraiser through your participant center. Just login to your fundraising center at the top of this page and click the “Start a Facebook fundraiser” link. Make sure you invite your Facebook friends to your fundraiser and reshare often!
- Get creative! We know you may need to change your fundraising plans, but now is a great time to be creative with how you’ll hit your goal.
Can I still earn recognition items if I don’t attend a Race or Walk event?
Yes! All fundraisers qualify for our fundraising recognition program! Can’t make it to event? Contact your local Komen staff to redeem your t-shirt. For those of you who fundraise $250 and above, you will be contacted approximately 4 weeks after the event to redeem your thank you gift.
Can I get a refund of my registration fee if I don’t attend a Race or Walk event?
All participant registration fees are non-refundable, as per the waiver that you sign when you sign up to participate in this year’s event. Please contact your local Komen office ifyou’d like to turn your registration fee into a tax-deductible donation to support our mission.